What is GtkBackup?
GBackup is an attempt to make a simple easy to use backup
program. It is not a quick and dirty script backup solution, nor
is it suitable for large deployment. It is for a desktop user to
quickly backup their important files. Gbackup is written with the
following goals in mind:
- Simple GUI interface
- Use standard file formats/compressions
- Store in archives that will not be garbage if a few bits are destroyed.
- Able to use standard tools in a crunch
- Able to use a statically compiled tool to restore in a crunch
- Able to quickly (random access) restore a single file
- Able to quickly backup on files that have changed
- Read/Write from gnome-vfs
- Create archives with a limited file size (fs limitations, cd, dvd, zip, flash etc)
- command line interface
- Scheduled backups setup using gui, but simply uses cron
- Never append/delete from an existing db/tar file
- Always create a new tar
- Assume every file is 10Gig!
What license does it use?
Gtkbackup is diostributed under the GPL license. You are free to
download it, try it, give it to your friends, take it to work, whatever
as long as you abide by the terms of the GPL. GPL License